Willie Nelson, and his talented daughter Paula, duet beautifully on this languid version of the Creedance Clearwater Revival classic. You can almost imagine sitting on the porch and watching a spring shower.
Like many of his recent music videos this was one was shot at Willie Nelson’s replica western town in Luck, TX, (about a 45 minute ride from downtown Austin) for his own Luck Films. The video is shot in a rich black-and-white and features Paula looking lovely, Willie looking pensive riding a horse and looking pensive playing cards.
There’s also some pretty great family photos. Baby Paula ( I assume,) Willie’s pianist and sister Bobbie Nelson, Waylon and the Appalachian moonshiner legend, Marvin “Popcorn” Sutton
Willie Nelson just doesn’t know the meaning of quit. The Texas Yoda took time from his extensive (some might say grueling) touring schedule to enter the studio with some of his favorite female singers for a duets album entitled ‘To All The Girls….’ (Oct. 15 on Legacy Recordings.)
Nelson features his talented daughter Paula Nelson, as well as legends like Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Roseanne Cash and newcomers Secret Sisters, Norah Jones, Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert.
Also representing the legend status is Mavis Staples. She and Nelson do a smooth version of Bill Withers’ deeply personal “Grandma’s Hands.” Besides Withers the song has been previously covered by Mavis’ own legendary family gospel group, The Staple Singers.
1. Dolly Parton — From Here To The Moon And Back
2. Miranda Lambert — She Was No Good For Me
3. Secret Sisters — It Won’t Be Very Long
4. Rosanne Cash — Please Don’t Tell Me
5. Sheryl Crow — Far Away Places
6. Wynonna Judd — Bloody Mary Morning
7. Carrie Underwood — Always On My Mind
8. Loretta Lynn — Somewhere Between
9. Alison Krauss — No Mas Amor
10. Melonie Cannon — Back To Earth
11. Mavis Staples — Grandma’s Hands
12. Norah Jones — Walkin’
13. Shelby Lynne — Til The End Of The World
14. Lily Meola — Will You Remember Mine
15. Emmylou Harris — Dry Lightning
16. Brandi Carlile — Making Believe
17. Paula Nelson — Have You Ever Seen The Rain
18. Tina Rose — After The Fire Is Gone
If you find yourself in Austin this Friday and want to make a statement against the so-called drug war and the political idiocy and the abuse of the our countries’ legal system that has resulted from it, then mosey on over to the Austin Freedom Fest at The Backyard. The concert will benefit MPP, NORML and WAMM, and will feature Willie Nelson, Asleep at the Wheel, Jackie “The Jokeman” Martling, Carolyn Wonderland, Paula Nelson, Mark Stepnoski and others to be announced.