- Willie Nelson will join TheBoot.com for a live “Twitterview” next Tuesday, Aug. 25, the same day as the release of his newest album American Classic. You can watch the live chat with Willie, starting at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, if you follow Willie Nelson and theBoot.com on Twitter.
- Speaking of the Texas Yoda, The L.A. Times has a nice piece on him (Willie Nelson in jazz country)
- Joe Pug will be joining Steve Earle on his upcoming European tour. Pug’s debut LP “Messenger” will be released in early 2010.
- Austin’s jazz and western swing band Hot Club of Cowtown has released their new, Wishful Thinking.
- The New York Time reviews a show at Joe’s Pub by Works Progress Administration (WPA). the expandable collective, featuring core members Luke Bulla (Lyle Lovett), Sean Watkins (Nickel Creek) and Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket) and on this night featuring Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek) pedal steel guitarist and multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire Greg Leisz (Bill Frisell, Dave Alvin, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris, Joni Mitchell, Whiskeytown, and Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and many more)
- Chet Flippo sees compelling storytelling in videos by Toby Keith and Brad Paisley in his newest Nashville Skyline post. I see trite, if mildly clever, symbolism mirroring the trite song they represent. For shear technical and style excellence I still have to go with this one.